• April 11, 2022 at 1:40 pm

My bike is in good shape and was kept in the garage all winter.  Can I do a spring tune-up myself? What steps are involved? Do I need special tools?

• April 14, 2022 at 2:17 pm

You could do it yourself. It takes some tools, but only a few basic ones you likely already have. They’re not specialized for bikes or anything. There are a million youtube videos about how to spring tune up your bike. They’ll help you. You can likely do it yourself if you have the time. Unless you find a problem, no real skill is needed. If you find an issue like cracked tires, replace them, brakes not working right, you can hire someone for that. but if everything is good and you’re just freshening it up, you can do that!

• April 19, 2022 at 2:23 pm

Thanks so much.  I don’t know why Im so nervous about it. I’ve just always taken it in to be serviced but it seems like such an avoidable expense at the moment if I can do it myself. I’ll start watching some videos and see how it goes. Thanks again!

• April 25, 2022 at 2:22 pm

Worst case you can always give it a try. If you don’t feel your bike is up to where you want it to be, then you can take it to the shop. doesn’t hurt to try!