• July 2, 2020 at 2:25 pm

I’d been doing ok, but now I”m struggling.  Nobody is taking anything seriously. I feel like i’m living in fear. I know so many who have been sick and more than one person who has died from it. I want to get out and move around, but I don’t feel safe. I tried just walking yesterday and got boxed in between someone else and a fence because that person didn’t distance. I asked for a little distance please, and after she passed, she turned around and screamed a name at me I won’t type here because it will likely ban my post.

Why are we all suddenly enemies in this? Shouldn’t the whole world be on the same side? I politely asked for distance in defense of my personal health, and it makes me a victim of a verbal attack.  Do I have that to be afraid of now, too?

I don’t have any motivation left to exercise. I feel like I don’t want to leave my house but I know that will only make things worse. I can’t afford therapy.  What do I do?

• July 9, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Are you doing any better?  Take care.  You can get through this.  Reach out to telehealth.  Really.  Go for it and talk to a counsellor. Even if it’s just one session.  It can make a difference and help shake your head into perspective.  This is a scary time. It’s justified to feel frustrated or even some fear.  But when it starts to eat away at your mental health and ability to function, reach out and get help.  It will help you to feel stronger in the face of all this.  You’ll feel more prepared and will have coping skills.

• July 14, 2020 at 2:51 pm

Feeling better?  It’s rough right now.  Easy to be up and down. It’s important to take care of ourselves though. I hope you’re placing yourself first.

• July 20, 2020 at 2:42 pm

I hope you’re feeling better now.  This is a really hard time.  Take care.

• July 27, 2020 at 2:45 pm

This time is a roller coaster. I feel good, five minutes later, I’m crying. An hour later I feel strong and ready for it all again.  Take care Brightstar. We’ll all get through this. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.