• August 26, 2021 at 1:45 pm

My heart rate is going up and down with the heat outside, according to my fitbit. Is it the device or my actual heart reacting to the heat? Is that normal? Should I be worried? It’s changing by about 5 beats per minute when it’s my resting rate.

• August 30, 2021 at 2:22 pm

That’s normal. Mine does that every summer.  I think it’s because of the heat making your body work harder.

• September 2, 2021 at 2:33 pm

Okay. Thanks. That makes me feel better.  Seems scary when heart stuff changes.  This is all stuff that has likely always happened to me, I just didn’t know because I didn’t have a tracker.

• September 13, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Mine goes up and down like that every few weeks.  It happens all year, not just in the hot or cold weather. I think it’s normal for it not to stay exactly the same all the time.

• September 16, 2021 at 2:04 pm

That’s interesting. I guess it’s not a heat thing? Maybe we just blame the heat because it’s noticeable.

• September 23, 2021 at 1:14 pm

Thanks. I’ll keep tracking it.  Maybe it always goes up and down and I just never really noticed like this before.  I feel better that I’m not the only one at least.