• November 23, 2020 at 2:36 pm

This is definitely a dumb question but I have to ask it anyway. I can’t go swimming right now. Is it nearly as good if I do the same motions with my arms, for instance? Like if I stand and do the front crawl or back butterly, maybe with very light weights? or is that something different?  Then if I do kicks while lying down?

• November 30, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Not a dumb question. We can’t start saying that or none of us will ask anything here haha! It will be the same if you do the movements in terms of range of motion and using your muscles and joints. WIthout the resistance and buoyancy of the water, you won’t get the complete workout, and it won’t be in the same way .  It sure won’t hurt but it won’t be the same thing. Maybe if you do the movements more slowly but use a very light weight like wrist weights that are around a pound or two?

• December 3, 2020 at 2:40 pm

LOL I love that idea for some reason. I don’t imagine it would be the same, but as long as you don’t have joint issues, it couldn’t hurt, either. It’s likely great for range of motion and may even have somewhat of yoga like effects!

• December 10, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Thanks. I appreciate your points of view. I did feel it was a weird question, but this year is anything really weird anymore?