• August 11, 2020 at 2:13 pm

I’m trying to keep up walking throughout the summer because it’s my main cardio. I do other workouts with hand weights and yoga and a few others at home, but walking is when I go outside and really move around. It’s doing a lot for my mental health since I get sunlight, fresh air and I walk with someone so it’s social, too.  But the heat is really slowing me down. I either go really slow or I get so overheated.  I don’t think it’s really counting as cardio anymore. What do I do? I don’t wnat to give it up. Am I not staying cool right?

• August 17, 2020 at 2:55 pm

Go first thing in the morning or later in the evening when it’s cooler.  The weather will start playing nicer soon. You’ve made it most of the way through the summer already.

• August 20, 2020 at 2:35 pm

I agree with Penny. That’s likely the best way to do it until the days cool down.  Stay hydrated and use a cooling towel, or go early or late when it’s cooler outside.

• August 25, 2020 at 1:24 pm

You could try splitting your walk into two pieces.  That way, even if you get hot, it’s for shorter and you get to recover sooner.  You can do one early in the day when it’s cooler and then do your later one but it’s shorter.

• August 31, 2020 at 1:50 pm

I don’t know where you live but it’s downright cold here in the morning.  Go before it gets hot.!