• December 10, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Is it true that taking vitamin c supplements can help your immune system and stop you from getting a cold? I’m determined to stay healthy for the whole winter. Is it worth it for me to do that?

• December 13, 2018 at 11:40 am

taking vitamin c supports the immune system.  Vitamin c’s an important vitamin and if you don’t get enough of it then your immune system is weakened.  That said, most of us easily get all the vitamin c we need. Taking a supplement if you’re already getting enough won’t make your immune system any stronger.

• December 20, 2018 at 12:17 pm

I was about to say yes that it helps to prevent a cold but then i looked up what helen1 said. I guess it’s just if you’re normally low in vitamin c that it helps. Onc eyou have enough, having more doesn’t really help.  So I guess it’s more about asking yourself how much you normally get in yoru diet. Then you can find out if you need to top it up.

• December 24, 2018 at 2:20 pm

vitamin c is only one thing that helps. look into getting a whole balanced diet because your body needs lots of things and it needs different vitamins and minerals to be able to absorb all the nutrients you need.

• December 31, 2018 at 2:25 pm

I thought it was zinc that actually made the difference.  Most people in the US get more than enough vitamin c so that’s not really an issue most of th etime.

• January 7, 2019 at 1:02 pm

If your diet is low in vitamin C or is only just getting you enough, vitamin C supplements can be very helpful to your body.  Yes, it’s handy for your immune system but it’s also an antioxidant, which is good for your entire body and all the cells in it.