• July 30, 2019 at 11:05 am

I’ve lost a lot of weight and have toned a lot too. I’m feeling great about my progress except that my legs and butt still have so much flab. Why do I keep losing and losing in areas that don’t need it anymore but I don’t keep losing where i do need it? I’m so frustrated. I even met my goal weight but I’m not even close to the shape I want.

• August 5, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Don’t give up.  I know that feeling.  Your body will shift its weight loss as you need it. If you’ve lost enough in one place it won’t keep coming off there forever.  make sure you’re toning themuscles in that area, too.  That way, you’ll have a great looking body as the fat is gone.  In fact, maybe toning is all you need so it looks like you’re heavier than you are, but you’re not , you just need toned muscles for the right shape.

• August 12, 2019 at 2:13 pm

I agree with Anne.  Keep pushing forward!  It’s like our bodies wait until the last second to get rid of the pounds we really want to lose.  That way, we keep going until we really reach all our goals.  I know that’s not true, but that’s how it feels.  Don’t give up!

• August 13, 2019 at 12:31 pm

Thank you.  I know you’re both right. It’s just so frustrating. I wish there was something else. I’m really down about this.

• August 24, 2019 at 12:14 am

Hang in there.  It feels rough now but you’ll get there and you’ll start feeling a lot better again.

• August 29, 2019 at 11:52 am

Yeah, you can’t control where weight comes off.  Learned that the hard way (over and over and over).  It’s a matter of keeping it up.  I find it makes me feel better to work the areas I want to tone the most.  It contributes to overall fat burning, not the specific part I’m toning, but in my mind I’m making a difference, plus it’ll look better when the fat eventually does come off.  Keep going!

• September 3, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Keep going!  You’ve lost the weight, now your body is going to shift where the fat is stored and where the muscle is toned.  It’s called a shift in body composition and it’s really common.  Keep it up!  Congrats on getting this far!

• September 10, 2019 at 2:57 pm

Still going, Helen?  I hope you’re feeling better about things.  Seeing progress? My fingers are crossed!