• March 12, 2019 at 12:29 pm

I know they say that age makes it harder to lose weight but at what age does that really start to matter?  Is it in your 20s? 30s? or do you have to be older for it to really make a difference?

• March 18, 2019 at 12:31 pm

It’s something gradual and personal.  Everyone faces their own unique challenges.  It may start affecting you earlier or later.  Age does affect weight because of things such as lost muscle mass and hormones though.

• March 25, 2019 at 12:27 pm

I think it’s definitely harder to lose weight in your thirties than in your 20s.  But in your 40s hormones really start changing a lot more, especially for women, and that slows things down in a way you can really tell.  After that it keeps slowing especially for people going through menopause and who have gone through it.  Men will see a more gradual slowing.

• March 28, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Thanks. I had a feeling that was the case.  I’m not really in the red zone yet, but it sucks that things are only going to get harder from here forward. I’m going to try to set the right habits now so I’ve got them while it’s easier.  I’m afraid of getting stuck in an unhealthy body and not being able to get my way back out.

• April 4, 2019 at 12:38 pm

A lot of the impact of age has to do with where you are when you get started.  If you’re 55 and you haven’t had an active lifestyle for 25 years and you have been eating junk food all that time, you’ll find it harder to lose weight than someone who has been pretty active and who eats ok but just has to scale back on calories a bit.  The bodies are in different condition over the long term so they might have a different time getting going in changing composition.  No matter your age, you can do it, it might just take a bit longer if you haven’t been treating yourself right for a while.  It’s never too late to get started.