• December 11, 2018 at 12:52 pm

I’ve tried all the tricks. I”m active, i eat a lot of fiber, I drink lots of water. I eat protein. I just can’t stop feeling hungry in the winter.  I don’t know if it’s a problem with seasonal affective disorder or something. But I’m hungry all the time. I’m hungry right after I eat.  I think it’s the cold weather making me fat. Is anyone else going through this?

• December 17, 2018 at 5:58 pm

If you’re hungry in the winter eat more.  Just make sure you’re piling on the veggies.  Eat tons of them.  Pre-prep them so you’ll always have them ready and you won’t have the excuse of not wanting to cut them up. Or, buy them already cut up.  If you’re hungry, eat! Just make the right choices.

• December 24, 2018 at 1:59 pm

I go through this too. I pretty much crave food all the time.  It dies off after the holidays.  You might just be goign through the wave of overdoing it that comes with the holidays, regardless of whether or not you’re at a party.  We’re inundated with the music, images, ads, etc.  Everythign is telling us to buy more, eat more, drink more, so it’s programmed into us for december.

• December 27, 2018 at 5:53 pm

use a bright light therapy box and supplement vitamin d to combat SAD.  It will help you to better control your cravings.  Then, do those things mentioned above to eat right.  Combine all those things and you’ll do better. Oh, focus on sleep, too.

• January 3, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I always go through this. I think it’s easier to get things under control after the holidays are over. I’ve started drinking lots of water again, and I’ve started eating salads ahead of meals to fill me up before I get into the fatty stuff. Also, no creamy salad dressing and I’ve started being more reasonable about cheese eating. It’s a matter of the right choices, not the actual size of the meals.

• January 8, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Does the bright light therapy box work for you Envirotodd?