Even though you might not consider Olive Garden an authentic Italian restaurant, it’s one of the most successful and most popular restaurants in the country. Known for never-ending salad, pasta, and yummy breadsticks, it’s the go-to choice for a lot of people who want to enjoy Italian food. But, if you’ve ever eaten there, you probably wonder if there are smarter ways to order off the menu to keep things as healthy as possible, especially if you are taking weight loss pills to shed some extra pounds.
Well, we have some good news for you: there are healthier Olive Garden swaps that you can use to take in as much nutrition as possible, without the excessive calories and fat. Check out our tips below to discover how you can do just that.
Just remember that the information below doesn’t include calorie counts for the restaurant’s beloved salad and breadsticks. A salad might contain around 150 calories, while a breadstick with garlic topping will contain around 140 calories, according to Olive Garden’s website. Because these are typically served with every meal, be sure to include them when you’re counting calories.
Healthier Olive Garden Swaps
Ready to eat better at Olive Garden? Great! Consider the following healthier Olive Garden swaps:
Skip the following:
- Skip the Fettuccini Alfredo because it has around 1,010 calories. It also contains 36% of the max recommended intake when it comes to sodium, and 71% of the max recommended fat intake.
- Skip the Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara, which contains around 1,590 calories. It also contains 146% of your max recommended fat intake, as well as 104% of the maximum recommended intake when it comes to sodium.
- Skip the Eggplant Parmigiana because it has 1,060 calories. Plus, it contains 69% of your maximum recommended intake of fat, and 86% of the max recommended intake when it comes to sodium.
- Skip the Cheese Ravioli with Marinara Sauce, as it has 780 calories, 93% of the max recommended intake of sodium, and 50% of the maximum recommended fat intake.
- Skip the Spaghetti with Meatballs. It contains 1,010 calories, along with 90% of the maximum recommended sodium intake, and 68% of the maximum recommended intake when it comes to fat.
Pick the following:
- Pick the Shrimp Scampi. It has 500 calories, and 50% of your maximum recommended intake of sodium. It also has 24% of the max recommend intake when it comes to fat.
- Pick the Chicken Piccata, which contains 500 calories, along with 63% of the max recommended sodium intake, and 30% of the maximum recommended fat intake.
- Pick the Spaghetti with Marinara because it has 590 calories, just 17% of the maximum recommended fat intake, and 46% of the max recommended sodium intake.
Dig In When Ordering Healthier Olive Garden Swaps
With these smart and simple healthier Olive Garden swaps and changes to the way that you order at Olive Garden, you can still eat at your favorite restaurant, without feeling guilty about what you’re consuming.